Rás na mBan will be based again in the tourist town of Kilkenny in 2018.
The Race HQ will be the Springhill Court Hotel in Kilkenny City.
A number of Rás na mBan stages will start at the Springhill Court Hotel in 2018, a venue with a growing reputation in cycling as a destination of choice for bike fans.
See http://www.visitkilkenny.ie/ for options to suit your team’s needs. Don’t leave accommodation booking until the last minute though. This region will still be busy with tourists in early September.
Kilkenny is a vibrant and very popular tourist destination with multiple visitor options ranging from four-star hotels to top quality self-catering accommodation.
If you are travelling from within Ireland:
- Kilkenny is a 1hr 25m drive from Dublin on the motorway.
- 1hr 45m drive from Cork (partly motorway).
- 1hr 20m drive from Rosslare.
- 2hr 45m drive from Belfast (motorway).
If you are travelling from the UK or elsewhere in Europe, consider the benefits of coming by ferry:
- You can easily bring your support car(s), your bikes, and all your gear
- You can arrive by ferry into Dublin, Cork, Belfast or Rosslare (See above for drive-times above)
If you are travelling from further afield, and plan to fly:
- Waterford Airport is a 45 minute drive.
- Dublin Airport is a 1hr 25 minute drive.
- Shannon Airport is a 1hr 55 minute drive.
- Cork Airport is a 1hr 45 minute
- We will arrange transfers to Kilkenny for riders who fly into Dublin.
Dave will answer any questions you may have.