Rás na mBan will be based again in the tourist town of Kilkenny in 2017.
The Race HQ will be the Springhill Court Hotel in Kilkenny City.
A number of An Post Rás na mBan stages will start at the Springhill Court Hotel in 2017, a venue with a growing reputation in cycling as a destination of choice for bike fans. The hotel played host to the top Irish men’s stage race in in 2012 when stage one of that year’s An Post Rás finished in Kilkenny.
Check http://www.visitkilkenny.ie/ and you will easily find something to suit your team’s needs. Don’t leave accommodation booking until the last minute though. This region will still be busy with tourists in early September.
Kilkenny is a vibrant and very popular tourist destination with multiple visitor options ranging from 4 star hotels to top quality self-catering accommodation.
If you are travelling from within Ireland:
- Kilkenny is 1hr 25m drive from Dublin on the motorway.
- 1hr 45m drive from Cork (partly motorway).
- 1hr 20m drive from Rosslare.
- 2hr 45m drive from Belfast (motorway).
If you are travelling from the UK or elsewhere in Europe, consider the benefits of coming by ferry:
- You can easily bring your support car(s), your bikes, and all your gear
- You can arrive by ferry into Dublin, Cork, Belfast or Rosslare (See above for drive-times above)
If you are travelling from further afield, and plan to fly:
- Waterford Airport is a 45 minute drive.
- Dublin Airport is a 1hr 25 minute drive.
- Shannon Airport is a 1hr 55 minute drive.
- Cork Airport is a 1hr 45 minute
- We will arrange transfers to Kilkenny for riders who fly into Dublin.